Thursday 16 February 2012

15 Feb - Yay!!!! All the snow's gone, well nearly

Finally getting around to my first run after a hard 3 days at work.  Still quite achy and wasn't really looking forward to it, but the weather was lovely, a tropical 10°C!!!! so set off on my way.


It was an interval run designed to improve my speed and pace, with short distances at a fast pace and slow recoveries in between. Unfortunately when I downloaded the plan from Runnersworld direct to my Garmin GPS, it was actually different to the scheduled run I was expecting.  It was supposed to be 10 intervals, but I ended up doing the 8 intervals that were on the watch.  I hit the pace on 5 of the intervals and the others were a bit slower, but overall was quite happy with them, considering I'd not done a run since Saturday and have been aching back and feet since then  and I think I made up the difference though by going for a 10 mile+ walk with Sarah this afternoon, along the Trent and canal.


Looking at the forecast I've got a few milder days coming up before it starts to get cooler again at the weekend, so had better take full advantage of them although I am working another long shift tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment