Sunday 26 February 2012

25 Feb - 17 miles Aaaagh!

I missed out Friday's 3 mile run as my arms and legs were killing me from a windtunnel session on Thursday  at Bodyflight (hadn't jumped or flown since October) and it didn't seem unreasonable, as I reckon the effort put into the tunnel was probably more than the 3mile easy run that was due anyway.


I was still aching on Saturday morning so I set off primed with paracetamol, a couple of energy drinks to keep me hydrated and gels to give me an energy boost if I needed it.  It was another beautiful blue skies day though, so apart from the initial aches didn't feel too bad. As it was a long run, I didn't really want to carry 2 drinks the whole way round so I put one under a tree just after the start so I could collect it as I went past on the loop back.  I was fuming last year when I left a bottle in a bush at the side of the road and went to pick it up 12 miles later to find that somebody had pinched it, so this time I hid it with a covering of leaves.  But I didn't take into account my own renowned memory of a gnat and when I came back through, I couldn't figure which tree it was Doh! I don't have these blonde highlights for nothing! From about 9 miles onwards my feet were killing me though, the same toe and transverse arch pain that I had earlier in the month :(  .  I thought it would have self-resolved by now, so I'll have to try some more padding in my trainers and if that fails maybe see a podiatrist.
It was 15 sec/mile slower than last week (I think I lost a bit of time trying to figure out where my lost bottle of drink was though  ;o)   ) but all in all not a bad run really.

No comments:

Post a Comment