Sunday 19 February 2012

19 Feb - Today was a good day! A gorgeous day for running :)))


Days like this were made for running!  I'm not generally one of those people who run simply because they love it, I run to keep fit, healthy and let myself eat donuts and naughty food without putting too much weight on (and even that has been a bit of a challenge recently, as the stone I put on in weight at the end of last year had been so difficult to shift, I hate to think how much weight I'd have put on if I hadn't been running) but  today it was a pleasure -  fresh clean air, beautiful blue skies and good music, couldn't help but be enthusiastic.



I set off out of town with my ipod playing for my 15 mile run, always a little bit of a struggle at the start till I get going, but after about 2 miles this song started playing with it's upbeat tempo and it set me off for a sub 10.0 minute mile (just 9:59) up the long slow 3 mile hill around Hucknall - I was sensible on the downhill leg and didn't go too fast managing to sustain an overall pace of 10.01 which is good for me as I normally run too fast at the beginning and can't keep it up for the last half.  Thats 34sec/min/mile faster than my long run last week! :)  Unfortunately I hit one of the buttons on my Garmin in error so it missed out a couple of the downhill miles and I had to work out the distance & pace manually, but that was the only downside of an otherwise great run. 


As for the coming week, it's going to be a busy one, the plan is to do my long run on Saturday as I'm planning on doing a 10K race with a friend (the lovely Fuzzy Lou) down in Winchester on Sunday - just praying it's not too fast as I think I'll be pretty shattered after the scheduled 17 miles!


Anyway quote for the day "I'd rather be a comma than a full stop!"  Too much to do than sit at home and watch the world go by  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment