Saturday 21 January 2012

21 Jan - Park Run Virginity taken

Todays run was down as a 3 mile easy run/Park Run and I opted to do my first Park Run.  These are free 5K timed runs and are open to anyone.  They take place all over the country and my local one is at Colwick Park .


I know my timekeeping is really rubbish, so I made a real effort to get there early and was 10 minutes early to the Park entrance, but I hadn't taken into account that there was an automatic barrier with a £1 fee into the park and I didn't have any change on me :(  I was about to turn back for home when another new runner kindly offered me the £1.  
By the time we got to the start the rest were out of sight, but the stewards said we could carry on and catch up. As I was there I thought I might as well do the run anyway.  So I'm not sure how long the official start was before we started.  It took a while to catch up with the back runners and I didn't take my watch with me so although the official time has now come through as 31:46 I've no idea how many minutes (or seconds) the start was before I set off.  
A lot of the Saturday runs on the training plan can be taken as Park runs, so at least I've done one now, know how they work and can be a bit better prepared for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment