Thursday 26 January 2012

26 Jan OMG - Hills!!!! The things I do to raise a few £££s

The worst aspect about running for me is hills!  I'd do anything to avoid them.   They hurt and they're painful.  Almost all of my running to date has been carefully chosen to run on flat routes, but I've realised recently that I really don't want to be out there running hard for 5 or 6 hours so I need to make this marathon as short as possible.  And to do that I'm going to have to increase the pace I run at.  If I can get even a little bit used to running hills it's going to make it easier for me to run faster when running on the flat.
Well I bit the bullet tonight and did one of the running club's Hill Sessions in place of the 4 mile run I was scheduled to do.  There were probably about 30 other runners from the club of all different levels of fitness  and we were all running up and down this hill a couple of miles from the club.  A little further each time.  Not surprisingly I was last but one, but I guess I've got to start somewhere.  We must have done this at least 10 times and I was absolutely shattered.  A good job tomorrow's a rest day!  


Relaxing now with my reward, a large glass of Shiraz - Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment