Wednesday 4 January 2012

Alli & Tina's London Marathon blog to raise funds for the Epilepsy Society!!!!

Well this is my first ever attempt at blogging, so first of all please try and bear with me
.... and secondly this is a 'blog' related to my efforts at training to run the London Marathon,  so the objective is to hopefully give people a bit of an idea what I'm going through to raise funds for this very important cause.  Not only will I have to run 26.2 miles around London to complete the marathon on 22nd April, but I will have to run around another 560miles in the 16 weeks leading up to it!!!!


A lot of you may well think I'm mad (and you're probably right! ) but there is reason to my madness as I'm running it to raise funds for a very worthwhile charity, the Epilepsy Society! Charities raising funds for epilepsy are very important and personal to me since losing my very dear friend Tina Wiseman to this condition.  She was a vibrant energetic girl who tried hard not to let epilepsy get in the way of her quality of life.  She was very outgoing with a quirky sense of humour and took part in many different activities such as skydiving (where we met), skiing and potholing, however she was sadly taken away from us far too soon at the age of 37 by SUDEP (Sudden unexpected Death in Epilepsy).  


My mission is therefore to raise as much money as possible to help sufferers and their families through the Epilepsy Society's funding of programmes of awareness, research and caring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment