Friday 20 January 2012

20 Jan - 5 miles in the drizzle

Just woke after my 3 night shifts and looked out of the window to see a very grey sky and some horrible drizzle.  So I wasn't really looking forward to getting out in it, but surprisingly motivated to run, by a lot of e-mails I've received from other people running the London Marathon to raise money for the Epilepsy Society.  Everyone of them have been personally affected by epilepsy, with either themselves, relatives or friends suffering from it.  Another great reminder of why I put myself through this.  

If you are interested in finding out more of the work of the Epilepsy Society follow this link The Epilepsy Society

Today's run was a 3 mile steady run with a mile warm up beforehand and a mile cool down at the end.  It's easy to be fooled by the title of some of the runs and think it's just x-miles or y- interval runs, but it's always important to do a gentle run before and after to warm up the muscles and avoid  injuries, so the 3 mile run here is actually a 5 mile run, sneaky heh?!?   
The good thing about using the Garmin runs from Runners World is that  all the distances, times and paces for the runs are downloaded from the internet onto my Garmin GPS watch and the watch starts alarming at me when my pace is too slow or (not very often) too fast.  I've just uploaded the results from todays run back on to the Garmin site and it looks like I managed to keep the pace up spot on, so that's good news!  

Weather looking a little better for tomorrows run though :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment