Wednesday 4 January 2012

4 Jan - First 2 runs ticked off

After a slight late start to training, due to a belated New Year celebration (I was actually working New Years Eve)   First 2 runs now done and dusted.

I'm using the Runnersworld Garmin-Ready schedules for my runs and they are based on a target time of 4hrs.  I'm not sure I can make it around quite that fast, but I thought it would give me a good pace to aim for.  Thankfully it looks like it starts off nice and gently with a total of 19 miles for the first week


I've been a bit slacking with my running over the last month and that together with overindulging in one or 2 mince pies, means it's going to take a bit more running to work off those extra pounds.  

So 3 miles done yesterday and 4 miles today, and just like the description says, they were nice and slow :) .  The wind out there helped keep them slow, with a local wind speed of 19 knots, gusting to 39, yikes!  I hope it starts to die down soon.

Tomorrow I'm working a long day shift (7am till 7:30pm), so not looking forward to trying to fit in tomorrows run after work.  Thankfully, I've only got to do 2 miles though.

No comments:

Post a Comment