Sunday 22 January 2012

22 Jan - 11 mile treadmill run along the River Trent

OMG how windy was it out there today!  
This is the forecast before I went out for my run:
and with a westerly wind most of the run was going to be into wind or a crosswind, but as I set off it felt like i was literally on a treadmill getting nowhere.  With hindsight, it would have been better to have run all the way out to Langar Airfield (south-east of Nottingham)and try and catch a lift or bus back, then the wind would have been behind me and I'd have breezed it :) Oh well I've never been much of a lateral thinker, maybe next time.  As it was even with the wind, I still managed to run the 11 miles in 1hr 48 minutes, which makes that a 9:54 minute mile, so quite pleased with that.


What I'm not so pleased at is my efforts to lose the pounds since enjoying the pre, during and post Christmas season and putting on 13lb over Nov/Dec.  Since starting the training I've managed to lose 3lb, it seems really slow, considering how much I'm running and I don't think I'm eating excessively, but I suppose it is coming off slowly.  What was really annoying though was that I weighed myself before my run and then again after the 11 miles and I was a 1lb heavier!!!  According to the Garmin, I'd burned off 1200 calories, but have actually put on weight.  Now where's the logic in that?  Grrrrrrr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment