Wednesday 11 January 2012

11 Jan - Long interval run

Yay!!!I've found my Garmin GPS watch.  No wonder I couldn't find it though, it had fallen into my pile of ironing which is usually avoided for as long as possible ;o)


It was left till today to get my first run of the week in, because just as I thought, I didn't get away from work till late yesterday and it was a tough shift anyway.  But fortunately today it was nice and mild out, so pretty much ideal conditions I guess.  It started with a gentle warm up mile but I ran that a little faster than I should have. It sounds strange but I find it really hard to run very slow. Anyway that's probably partly why the 1 1/2 mile intervals at a fast pace were a little bit slow.  
I might not have quite got the pacing quite right, but all in all, not a bad run considering I'm still trying to get up to speed after 6 weeks or so of taking it easy.  


Right tomorrow it's back to slow for a 5 mile recovery run  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment