Wednesday 28 March 2012

Week 13 - 24 days to go!!!!!

Trying to be a bit more upbeat after Monday's long run and thankfully feeling a lot better.  I've gone and made an appointment with the Podiatrist for next Saturday, so fingers crossed he may have some ideas that can help me with my feet and if I go back to the SIS gels, that should help with the tummy.  As I didn't do my long run till Monday, I'm a day behind the schedule therefore am starting the weeks schedule today, Wednesday, rather than Tuesday and will try and skip the Friday Rest day which should put me back on track.


So I'm starting today with a hill session which should help to prepare me for Sundays 20 miler, the Oakley 20, which is thought by some (probably the  hill-phobics like me) to be on the hilly side.  The event is organised by Bedford Harriers and I did their Half Marathon 18 months ago, which was again quite hilly but I did quite enjoy it (I actually got a PB)  so fingers crossed it's not as bad as the profile below looks.
I'm going to stick to the SIS gels, this time and hopefully won't have the tummy problems. The course profile does look a bit ominous, the worst elevation being just over 100ft over 1.8miles, but hopefully the training runs that I've done will help, as although they haven't been that brilliant overall, they were quite long (390ft over 5 miles) so fingers crossed  it's not too bad and of course for each of the hills there will be a downhill :)


No comments:

Post a Comment