Tuesday 6 March 2012

Week 10 - 46 days to go!!!!!!



After thinking this week I'd be able to slip back into the training plan this week, I found out last night that not only have I got to work this coming Sunday, I've got to work Saturday too, which means that as well as screwing up the training plan, I miss my mate's farewell bash before she goes to Afghanistan for 6 months, I've only got 3 complete days this week to carry out my 5 runs in :(  .  To stay I'm miffed is very, very much an understatement.  There's no way I'm going to get all of those runs in this week

After the horrors of Milton Keynes rain and sleet I was at least able to get a rest day from running yesterday, but had a night shift last night, so am about to go out and get my 7mile run in shortly.

I'm working a long day shift tomorrow, so depending on how I'm feeling afterwards at 7:30/8ish, I may be able to squeeze the 6 miler in tomorrow.  If I don't manage it tomorrow then I'll have to get it done Thursday.  Either way I don't think I should squeeze my long run in on Friday, as I really won't have had an appropriate rest with only 4 days since the effort of last Sunday's Half and there's no chance of fitting it in over the working weekend.  I'm also working a long day shift on Monday, so think I may have to hold that run over till next Tuesday, which in turn will compromise the timing of next week's runs :(  .

Why I ever thought that working Long shifts resulted in me having more free time, I don't know.



No comments:

Post a Comment