Saturday 31 March 2012

29 Mar - 7 mile plod (not quite)

This run had to wait till nearly the end of my day, squeezed in after an early starting trip to Bristol to a friend's funeral and just before my night shift.  Fortunately it was a gorgeous blue skies sunny day, and I couldn't think of a better day on which to say goodbye to an old skydiving mate, blue skies and lots of sun.  A funeral is never going to be fun, but I think good weather does make  it easier to remember the good times spent laughing and enjoying jumps all those years ago. 


As soon as I got back to Nottingham, I pulled into Tesco to fuel up so I could get be sure of getting to and from Bedford on Sunday to do the Oakley 20.  No mad queues there, that seem to have overtaken most of the country fortunately.   After dropping off money with Sarah in town, so she could sort some shoes and things out for a party tomorrow night (Oh the joys of being the Bank of Mum ;o)  ) I managed to finally get out there for my pleasant 7 miler.  Unfortunately had to cut it short at 6.3 miles though as I'd have been late for work had I done the full distance.  It was a good night shift though and I helped deliver the biggest baby so far @ 10lb 10oz!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment