Friday 9 March 2012

9 Mar - 8 mile plod

A little overcast out there this afternoon, only supposed to be a slow 8 miles today, but still feeling a complete lack of energy.  Thankful it was a slow pace, because don't think I could have run faster if I'd tried even if it had been a shorter distance.  I've been trying to think if there was any reason other than still being tired after Milton Keynes.  Last year I found I was anaemic with a low serum ferritin, and took iron for a couple of months and felt a whole lot better.  I think I'll give the iron tablets another go over the next couple of weeks and see if they make a difference.  
One thing did perk me up a bit though, a young girl coming out of a shop I passed smiled at me and said "keep it going" as I went past (and not in the way those smart-ass kids shout it when trying to impress their mates by trying to look brave) .  Very sweet! :)


Just been watching Mo Farah running his 3000m qualifying heat at the world indoor athletics championships - there was a lot of jostling going on there.  I took a peep on-line to see what his PB for the half marathon and it is 1:00:23.  Hmmm I've got a long way to go yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment